Did you know that smiling shows more than happy emotions… Smiling can CREATE positivity in yourself and in others!
I recently posted a video on my youtube account about smiling. You can watch it HERE.
But for this blog, here are some reasons why we should actively work on SMILING everyday:
- Smiling releases neuropeptides (signals) inside our brain that actively go to war battling off our feelings of stress.
- You are better looking when you smile! Studies done in the field of Neuropsychology found that both men and women were more attracted to people who were smiling than those who were not.
- Showing those pearly whites helps keep the bad bugs away! Smiling also boosts your immune system.
- Smiling reduces muscle spasm in the upper back and neck. These are notorious “problem” areas that can cause headaches, stress, neck pain, jaw pain and arm/shoulder pain and tingling.
- Smiling can help lower blood pressure and heart rate. A study done at the University of Kansas had participants hold chopsticks in various positions in their mouths. Some positions were “simulated smiles.” The participants who had their “chopstick-grins” had a less stressful response and better heart rate and BP in response to stressful situations than all other groups.
- Smiling reduces pain. Studies show that by smiling, endorphins (our bodies’ natural pain-killers) are released and flood through our blood stream, reducing pain and improving mood.
- Smiling is contagious. When you smile, not only do you receive these amazing benefits, the person/people you are smiling at also have a similar response internally: they lower their stress, they get endorphin release, their immune system boosts, etc… SO SHARE YOUR SMILE! YOU JUST MIGHT MAKE THE WORLD A HAPPIER/HEALTHIER PLACE! 🙂 🙂 🙂